The Gabby Goat Gazette

It's a wilderness out there.

Gabby Goat and his herd have a way of munching through the madness -- a bonefide alternative to butting your head against the nearest tree -- be it politics, 5:00 traffic or things that make you just wanna paw the ground and snort.

And for most every excuse or 25-cent word some jerk jerkles, Gabby will likely come up with an goatard, i.e., a goat word, to fit the occasion.

Sunday, October 07, 2007

Muslim Space Handbook


OK. I'll be nice. It will be difficult. But I will do my best.


A Muslim Space Handbook has been prepared for - you got it - Muslim astronauts.

There will be a Muslim orbiting toward the international space center this month. (There was a first Muslim. Maybe he complained .....)

I'm not sure if the flight will accommodate foot-washing or prayer rugs -- or even if genuflecting will be possible -- but at least there's a handbook for a praying iman if he so desires (or has time) to formally pray enroute .... face mecca .... kneel .... touch ground ....
Exactly what would any human -- hurling through space at a kazillion miles an hour -- say or do during prayer -- that might require a handbook?
Actually, I've always wondered how anyone could fly through space without praying. Never occurred to me that prayer might have guidelines.
A top-of-the-lungs "Jezzzzzzus!" would definitely be on my list. Or maybe, "Ohhhhh, my Gawdddddd!"
On second thought, if I needed a handbook -- I'd want it to explain how to avoid damnable residual affiliation with previous flight participants such as pigs, monkeys or other space cadet infidels. Like where they'd been standing. Or sitting. I'd also want a window seat. You know, in case any of those 72 virgins I'd been promised might be floating around .....
.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home